Don’t forget to stand up and applaud every 2 to 3 sentence.
Alright my after college inbetweeners, we all know what it’s like to shop for jeans. It’s an often frustrating catastrophe that leads to you waiting in line at Auntie Anne’s and a smoothie from Orange Julius! Probably not the best moment in our life, but certainly one of the most relatable. In fact, the only thing more frustrating than shopping for jeans is shopping for a bathing suit and needless to say I’ll cover that later on in a more seasonable manner!
Being young and stylish doesn’t mean having to buy into all the trendy trends out there. Hello…did you see mass amounts of girls wearing sparkle harem pants?? NO! Clearly all trends aren’t meant to be worn! What’s important is that you realize what your best features and worst features are when it comes to your body. This way you know what to work with when shopping for the perfect jean.
It’s not magic and you will try on multiple jeans, but don’t be discouraged! If you find a pair that doesn’t work, simply take a look in the mirror and figure out why. Ask yourself: What parts are not flattering? Where is it hugging you a little too much? What is it accentuating? Are they too short? Are they too baggy? Are they too long? Is the wash the right color? Learning from the bad pairs can make shopping for the right pair 10 times easier!
Don’t give up! Work with what you have and then create what you want!
Check out the FASHION TIPS for the PERFECT JEAN
- FASHION TIPS for the PERFECT JEAN
- If your hip and thighs are the trouble areas look for a dark wash straight leg (not skinny) or wide leg jean that falls from the largest point of your thigh or hip straight down to you feet. This will leave you with a clean line from your hip down that will elongate your legs and take the pounds off!
- If you can’t find a jean that is straight cut look for a denim trouser instead. Ask a sales associate for help if you can’t find it.
- Every girl needs at least one pair of dark wash jeans. They are not only slimming but are much easier to dress up for a dinner, date, or really any event.
- Avoid faded jeans unless you want to create extra curves or want the faded area to be a focus point. These jeans are helpful for those non-curvy gals who need a little extra.
- Mid-rise is the best fit for those who carry weight in their stomach. A low-rise jean often accentuates the stomach at its worst part. Leaving the forbidden muffin top..aaahh!
- Buy the correct size no matter what the “number” is! This is the biggest mistake we women make. No one will think to ask what size your jeans are, but you can bet that they will notice if your flab or butt is sticking out because they are simply too small!
- Unless you are a non-curvy gal and want to create volume avoid bulky pockets!
- Cuffs on the bottom are great for tall legs, but avoid this if your legs are on the shorter side as they will shorten them even more.
- There should not be any bunching or evidence of a saggy crotch! Keep looking!
- Any jean with a distinct cut such as boot cut, flare, or skinny will accentuate your thigh area and create a more curvy look. Sometimes this can add pounds so check yourself out.
- Forget and I mean don’t even think about buying something pleated!
Check out these stores to buy great fitted jeans:
Denimology- designer jeans in all styles
IndiCustom- create your own jean with styles, size, and wash so that it fits you perfectly
J Brand- amazing, comfortable fit, but run super small in size
MiH Jeans- celebrity favorite
JoeJeans- another great fitted jean
Hudson- one of my personal fav’s
The following below have sizes from Tall to Petite!