If it wasn’t obvious by my 2 hour commute on a bus filled with travelers to NYC that I’m not quite the typical commuter and/or New Yorker, let it be known now! Although obsessed with the Empire State from quite a young age, being a “real” girl originally from Indiana anything beyond corn fields can pretty much amaze me. So when asked for the opportunity to intern for a well-known company needless to say I jumped, skipped, and rode my butt into NYC!
As the fashion capital of the world, I thought it was only appropriate to bring a bit of Reality Chic into the city.
So here are 10 Ways Reality Just Happens to Stick Out!
- Possibly the only one at 5 o’clock who changes into my Lands End tennis shoes to walk a couple blocks!
- Sparks conversation with nice foreign… ex-engineer… has 2 doctor daughters…taxi driver. (Yes I learned all of that in one taxi ride)
- Doesn’t understand why anyone else doesn’t stare out the window, we’re up 17 floors people!
- Realizes your “typical business dress code” doesn’t apply, note: me in a blazer and the lady with the faux hawk in the next cubicle.
-I can’t help but marvel at the woman or flamingo, still unsure, that crossed the road in a Pepto Bismol colored pink feathered hat and pink fur heels.
- Still believe I will see a celebrity out of the thousands of people in New York.
- Recently at noon I was attacked by men in suits everywhere looking for food. Note to self: bring lunch!
- Hit someone after jumping 5 feet from hearing an exhaust pipe from a bus…Oops!
So live from New York City….Let the adventures continue…